TEAM DRAW TO THE BUTTON RULES
Date: November 2, 2014 (or November 9 if not playing November 2)
The team draw to the button event will take place after the conclusion of each of the games scheduled on November 2. For teams with a bye on that day, the team draw to the button event will take place on November 9. Teams do not have the option to choose the date, and teams who complete the challenge on November 2 do not have the option to redo it on November 9.
The team draw to the button will be used as a secondary means to break ties after the end of each round (i.e. which teams move up and down after each round, how teams are ranked for the playoffs, aggregate winner, etc). Refer to the Players’ Guide & Orientation Guide for detailed information as to how ties are broken.
How many rocks does each team throw and who throws them?
- Each player on the team will throw one (1) rock. A team will throw a total of four (4) rocks. No practice rocks are permitted.
- If a team has four (4) players and one of those players is a spare, the spare player will throw one (1) rock on behalf of that team.
- In the event that a team has only three players, one (1) member of the team must throw two (2) rocks.
- The team member throwing two (2) rocks must be either the first or second player, but not the skip.
- In the event that one of the first two players is a spare, the regular team member must be the person to throw two (2) rocks. The spare player can throw only one rock on behalf of the team.
- The order in which players throw does not need to follow the throwing order in a game situation
- In order to expedite completion of the team draw to the button event, each team should alternate throwing.
Is sweeping permitted?
- Sweeping is permitted. Any combination of the team’s players may be used as sweepers. At no time can more than two (2) people sweep the stone.
- Do NOT sweep opposition rocks behind the tee line.
How are points scored?
- The final resting position of the rock will determine the number of points awarded for the draw. Record the score for each player and calculate your team score.
- Players who do not participate will earn a score of 0.
- Teams that fail to return the score card will earn an overall score of 0.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the Facebook group any time!