Rotators Curling League Release & Waiver:
In consideration of participation in the Rotators Curling League (“ Rotators”):
I (or the participating individual’s parent/guardian, if the individual is younger than the age of majority) HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Rotators and each of its members, officers and employees FROM ANY AND ALL claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and cause of action, whether in law or equity in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to myself or property HOWSOEVER CAUSED, arising or to arise by reason of my (or minor individual’s) participation in the Rotators Curling League, AND NOTWITHSTANDING that same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any of the aforesaid.
COVID-19 Compliance Agreement:
The Rotators Curling League and the Royal Canadian Curling Club require the disclosure of exposure or illness in order to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further outbreak of COVID-19. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safely, and personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
An individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, if the individual is younger than the age of majority) who is unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the club’s facilities or participate in the league’s activities, programs, or services.
I, the undersigned being the individual named above and the individual’s parent/guardian (if the individual is younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The club and league have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and require all individuals (or their parent/guardian, when applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
- The individual has not been diagnosed with COVID-19; OR If the individual was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual was cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was signed.
- The individual has not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19; OR If the individual was exposed to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19, the date of exposure was more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was signed.
- The individual is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19. The individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the individual (when applicable)) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
- The individual has not, nor has anyone in the individual’s household, experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or worsening cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye, or loss of taste or smell).
- If the individual experiences, or if anyone in the individual’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the individual will immediately isolate, notify the league, and not attend the club or any of the league’s activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
- The individual is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, adhering to recognized hygiene best practices, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
- The individual will follow the safety, physical distancing, and hygiene protocols of the club and the league.
- This document will remain in effect until the club and the league, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
- The club or league may remove the individual from the facility or from participation in the activities, programs or services of the league at any time and for any reason if the club or league believes, in their discretion, that the individual is no longer in compliance with any of the standards described in this document.
Each member must read and acknowledge the Ontario Government concussion legislation, Rowan’s Law, which speaks to required provisions related to head injuries. Please read the linked document and indicate in the space provided below that you acknowledge the requirements of Rowan’s Law. Any members who do not acknowledge their understanding of the Law will not be permitted to curl.
- Government of Ontario Concussion Awareness Resource e-booklet
- For additional details, review the legislation