Riverdale Curling League…
- The largest gay curling league in the country (and we think the world!) offers recreational curling sections for all skill levels.
- The season typically runs from October to April, but can vary depending on holidays and other events at the club (Current Season Calendar PDF). We curl during four “draws” (game times) with each team playing once per week, at a somewhat-randomly-assigned draw time. The draw times are: 9:15am (bell at 10:50am), 11:25am (bell at 1:00pm), 1:35m (bell at 3:10pm), 4:30pm (bell at 6:05pm).
- Fees are $345 (per person) paid in full at registration, OR two installments of $190 (due at or before registration and the second payment due in early January).
- Please note that this a full-season commitment. The season is not divided into two halves. Late/declined payments will be subject to additional processing fees.
- Following registration in September, the league will finalize team composition and seeding, and then prepare and post the draw schedule and other information in the members-only section of the website.
- The Royal Canadian Curling Club has a limited selection of brooms for use at the club. Sliders and grippers are available for purchase.
Rotators Curling League…
- The oldest gay curling league in the country plays on Wednesday nights at 9:00pm.
- The season consists of two distinct sessions of 12 weeks, plus a final week of playoffs at the end of the season (25 weeks in total).
- Note: all players are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to that fact.
- Currently, the first session does not have a firm start date, but it’s anticipated for late October or early November.
- Fees (per person) are two installments of $200 or one installment of $380 paid in full at the beginning of the season.
- Honouring its roots, this league features some rotation of positions for all members throughout both sessions of the season.
- You can choose to sign up for just the first session, just the second session, or for the whole season — depending on availability.
- Registration is by individual entry only, and teams are formed on the first day of each session.
- The curling club has a selection of brooms for use at the club. Sliders and grippers are available for purchase.